The goal of summer entertaining is making it stress-free, fresh and enjoyable— even for the hostess. For summertime barbecues I like to follow this fail-proof plan for relaxed and tasty fun with friends.
1. Grill one kind of meat- tri-tip, fish, chicken, ribs, you name it.
2. Utilize my current garden harvest to make easy, fresh sides.
3. Create a menu that allows for early in the day preparation and room temperature serving.
4. A self-serve bar is low-maintenance and let’s guests help themselves throughout the day.
5. Keep the décor casual, but pretty— a few flowers in a simple vase, cloth napkins and real plates and silverware is all you need to make it feel special.
6. It’s great to finish with a comfort food dessert, which brings back memories of summers past.